What on earth is DECIEM?
Known as “The Abnormal Beauty Company”, DECIEM is the parent company of The Ordinary, NIOD, Avestan, and other beauty brands, and is an industry disruptor with an innovation-focused approach. It was Co-Founded in 2013 by the late Brandon Truaxe, a visionary who set out to change the beauty industry through authenticity and transparency. He developed the company with creativity and innovation alongside Co-Founder and CEO, Nicola Kilner.
We are growing very rapidly and need someone who shares this vision and wants to grow with us!
What we are looking for.
We are looking for a Director of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Engagement to own and drive DECIEM’s 5 – year Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) strategy globally.
This role will be based out of our Toronto Head Office
What you would be doing.
- Acting as a consultant and driver, ensure that diversity, equity, and inclusion are integrated into processes and programs across the business, including hiring and onboarding, learning and development, talent planning and succession, product development, supply chain, etc.
- Lead the DE&I Board and the DECIEM Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) alongside the VP of People and Sr. Director of Sustainability and Social Impact
- Build upon existing diversity efforts and design and implement new, actionable and measurable initiatives that create meaningful change through a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Work cross functionally with key departments (Brand, HR, Supply Chain, etc.) in pursuing an integrated diversity, equity, and inclusion agenda across the entire organization and ensure that DE&I principles are built into DECIEMs business priorities
- Provide expert support on all DE&I matters, consultancy, and subject matter expertise to business leaders
- Provide expertise and feedback to the VP People, Sr. Director of OD & Learning, and the Sr. Director of Talent and HR Effectiveness to enhance the organizational culture and lead our inclusive engagement strategy.
- Create and execute annual employee engagement (Deep Dive), quarterly pulse surveys, and listening strategy - provide analysis and recommendations based on results
- Develop DE&I dashboards and methods for the analysis of metrics to measure progress and effectiveness of the overall strategy
- Ensuring ongoing compliance with all applicable legislation and ensuring all internal processes and procedures are adhered to and recommend process improvements as needed
What skills and qualifications do you need?
- 7 + years of experience working in diversity, equity and inclusion and in implementing organizational diversity and inclusion transformational strategies
- 4 + years of people management and/or leadership experience is required
- Experience in program design and execution from concept to launch
- A strong communicator who can articulate the organizational DE&I mission and impact to a broad range of diverse stakeholders
- Adept at facilitating difficult discussions, managing change, creating and strengthening partnerships
Still interested? ...What happens next?
Kindly send us your resume. We really appreciate your effort in applying for this position. However, only those candidates will be contacted who have been shortlisted for interviews.
And the serious stuff:
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted to be part of our recruitment process and require accommodation during it, please let us know.