What on earth is DECIEM?
Known as “The Abnormal Beauty Company”, DECIEM is the parent company of The Ordinary, NIOD, Avestan, and other beauty brands, and is an industry disruptor with an innovation-focused approach. It was Co-Founded in 2013 by the late Brandon Truaxe, a visionary who set out to change the beauty industry through authenticity and transparency. He developed the company with creativity and innovation alongside Co-Founder and CEO, Nicola Kilner.
We are growing very rapidly and need someone who shares this vision and wants to grow with us!
What we are looking for.
We are seeking a Senior Maintenance Manager who has worked in a GMP or 22716 regulated environment. You will have experience with managing large technical teams with empathy. Must have ensured that filling machines and kettles are maintained and run safely. Must have CAPEX as well as be proficient with Inventory and Warehouse Management systems.
This role will be based out of our Eastside Facility in Etobicoke,
What you would be doing.
- Direct efficient maintenance and safe operation of all equipment in compliance with company policy and government regulations
- Assure lines are mechanically capable of meeting company standard rates, and reliability, and improve uptime
- Drives plant asset integrity and reliability program, including proactive maintenance programs, such as Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), and root cause analysis (RCA)
- Drive cost improvement activities by identifying system improvements, headcount optimization, and promoting efficiency with effort, optimal service, safety, and costs in mind
- Ensure that all mechanical equipment meets company standard rates, reliability, and safety
- Execute the facility’s strategic plan by determining the department’s capital investment needs for machinery and technology, as well as employee development needs
- Establish KPIs and identify skills required to improve maintenance team efficiency and conduct a gap analysis to improve department performance
- Optimize the spare parts inventory by utilizing Reliability Centered Maintenance tools and strategy
- Ensure all core competency training is completed according to policy
- Assist with the successful commercialization of new products through communication with Operations, QA & R&D
What skills and qualifications do you need?
- Previous experience using TPM and RCM will be considered a strong asset
- Strong analytical, financial/budgetary, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Knowledge of process/automation equipment related to Cosmetics/Pharma is an asset or experience in advanced manufacturing practices in other industries such as Food Industry, CPG, or automotive will be considered
- 7+ years of hands-on maintenance and implementation experience, utilizing computerized maintenance systems is required
- 4+ years of people management and/or leadership experience are required
Still interested? ...What happens next?
Kindly send us your resume. We really appreciate your effort in applying for this position. However, only those candidates will be contacted who have been shortlisted for interviews.
And the serious stuff:
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted to be part of our recruitment process and require accommodation during it, please let us know.