What on earth is DECIEM?
Known as “The Abnormal Beauty Company”, DECIEM is the parent company of The Ordinary, NIOD, Avestan, and other beauty brands, and is an industry disruptor with an innovation-focused approach. It was Co-Founded in 2013 by the late Brandon Truaxe, a visionary who set out to change the beauty industry through authenticity and transparency. He developed the company with creativity and innovation alongside Co-Founder and CEO, Nicola Kilner.
We are growing very rapidly and need someone who shares this vision and wants to grow with us!
What we are looking for.
We are seeking someone who has experience with performing period-end financial close responsibilities, including journal entry preparation, balance sheet account reconciliations, and P&L review.
This role will be based out of our Head Office in Toronto.
What you would be doing.
- Manage and review company financial statements, detail accounting records and support with accurate financial and accounts reporting
- Management over the Chart of Accounts and Financial posting set up in the ERP (D365)
- Guardian of financial integrity and controls
- Communicate to key stakeholders and partner with different pillars to provide financial information as requested pertaining to accounts and vendor management
- Managing with accuracy all reporting and reconciliations of GL Accounts
- Review bank transactions to ensure that items are booked and cleared in a timely manner and assist with all reconciliations for banking purposes at month-end
- Assist with timely recording of capital expenditures, act as oversight of internal control policy on Capital purchases
- Preparation of financial information to regulatory authorities across multiple jurisdictions
- Review and analysis of transactions to ensure accurate cost center allocation and account classification
- Perform period-end financial close responsibilities, including journal entry preparation, balance sheet account reconciliations, and P&L review
What skills and qualifications do you need?
- Strong financial knowledge and background in systems, data reporting, and analytics required
- CPA Designation or equivalent required
- 5+ years of progressive Financial reporting experience with 1-year min. Managing a team of 2 or more people
- Experience with D365 (ERP system) an asset
- 2 + years of people management and /or leadership experience is required
Still interested? ...What happens next?
Kindly send us your resume. We really appreciate your effort in applying for this position. However, only those candidates will be contacted who have been shortlisted for interviews.
And the serious stuff:
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial, and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted to be part of our recruitment process and require accommodation during it, please let us know.