What on earth is DECIEM?
Known as “The Abnormal Beauty Company”, DECIEM is the parent company of The Ordinary, NIOD, Avestan, and other beauty brands, and is an industry disruptor with an innovation-focused approach. It was Co-Founded in 2013 by the late Brandon Truaxe, a visionary who set out to change the beauty industry through authenticity and transparency. He developed the company with creativity and innovation alongside Co-Founder and CEO, Nicola Kilner.
We are growing very rapidly and need someone who shares this vision and wants to grow with us!
What we are looking for.
This is a perfect position for someone who has completed a Co-op or an internship or is at the junior level.
Reporting to the Director of Procurement & Supply Planning – the Supply Chain, New Initiatives Coordinator
is responsible to support any supply chain-related new initiative in DECIEM, with heavy emphasis on a sense of urgency, internal and external collaboration, project management, and teamwork. The position works in a highly cross-functional environment, interacting with PMO (Project Management Office), R&D, QA, Demand Planning, Transportation, Sourcing, Production, and Supply Planning teams.
This role will be based out of our Toronto Head Office.
What you would be doing.
- Assists the Director of Procurement & Supply Planning with all supply activities related to new product launches
- Works as a link between PMO, Sourcing, and Supply Planning
- Coordinates and collects all documentation needed for technology transfers at TPMs
- Assists the Procurement team as required in ensuring smooth coordination and delivery process
- Coordinates with Production, QA, and Transportation of freight of samples, raw materials, and packaging needed for scale-up and production
- Collaborate with Production Planning to schedule opening of purchase orders for scale-up batches
- Be an ambassador for Supply Chain by leading by example and providing the highest level of productive collaboration with the suppliers and TPMs
- Follow up on any inventory/sample shipment issues or delays and ensure updates are maintained in our ERP system
- General vendor communication as required
- Attends meetings as needed
What skills and qualifications do you need?
- Passionate about growing The Ordinary brand globally
- Post-Secondary education in Engineering/Logistics/ SCM or a related discipline
- 2 years of relevant experience as a Supply Chain Analyst preferably in a Manufacturing Company an asset
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Supply Chain in theory and in practice. Must have the ability to understand the impact decisions may have on all facets of the supply chain
- Exceptionally strong Microsoft Office skills, especially in Excel required
- Experience with ERP – Microsoft D365 Finance & Operations experience is preferred
- Certifications in Inventory Management or Supply Chain Management, such as APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) and APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) preferred
- Advanced math, analytical, and statistical skills
- Detail-oriented with a high sense of urgency, and the ability to multitask and adapt to quickly changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to remain focused on core processes despite outside influence
- A high focus on exceeding customer needs with internal and external clients
- Ability to both think strategically and execute tactically, persistent attention to detail, and very comfortable with numbers with sound business acumen
- Demonstrate leadership abilities and have superior communication, interpersonal, team building, analytical, and facilitation skills
- Proven team player track record of building strong relationships with cross-functional stakeholders to align on a common goal
- Must be driven to improve processes and take initiative to highlight opportunities. Strong presentation skills
Still interested? ...What happens next?
Kindly send us your resume. We really appreciate your effort in applying for this position. However, only those candidates will be contacted who have been shortlisted for interviews.
And the serious stuff:
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial, and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted to be part of our recruitment process and require accommodation during it, please let us know.