What on earth is DECIEM?
Known as “The Abnormal Beauty Company”, DECIEM is the parent company of The Ordinary, NIOD, Avestan, and other beauty brands, and is an industry disruptor with an innovation-focused approach. It was Co-Founded in 2013 by the late Brandon Truaxe, a visionary who set out to change the beauty industry through authenticity and transparency. He developed the company with creativity and innovation alongside Co-Founder and CEO, Nicola Kilner.
We are growing very rapidly and need someone who shares this vision and wants to grow with us!
What are we looking for?
During the Afternoon shift, you will report and monitor the daily activities of the warehouse, including quality assurance, inventory control, space management, logistics, floor productivity, shipping, and customer service
This position is based out of our Nottingham Distribution Centre
What would you be doing?
- Coordinate daily shift meetings with the Warehouse Manager
- Manage supervision and coordination of warehouse associates in the shift. This includes but is not limited to, training, helping to meet deadlines, and assisting to lead the team while maintaining professional relationships.
- Work with Warehouse Manager in formulating an inbound and outbound schedule
- Collaborate with Warehouse Manager to solve work related problems
- Maintain and update all spreadsheets, Personal Protection Equipment supplies, and accessories provided within the department area
- Closely monitor potential hazards and report to the Warehouse Manager on any issues at the premises
- Schedule and oversee the warehouse shift team to manage the flow and quality of work to maximize efficiency and minimize overtime
- Ensure that the shift team completes all daily inspections of the material handling equipment, tools, and machinery
- Follow and enforce DECIEM policies for workplace safety and conduct regular safety audits
- This is a physically demanding position and requires the ability to lift 25kg
What skills and qualifications do you need?
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills with an effective ability to interact with others and deal with situations in ways that respect diverse backgrounds, experiences, and styles
- Effective time management skills, ability to meet tight deadlines, and stay productive under pressure
- Strong leadership skills to assist in coaching and mentoring employees
- Proven problem solver, solutions orientated, and a self-starter
- Comfortable using hands and arms together to move various items and stand for prolonged periods of time
- Working knowledge with computer software including Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Outlook/Gmail
- Warehouse Machinery Licences and experience are preferred
- Relevant education in Supply Chain, Operations Management, Industrial Engineering, OR equivalent
- Work experience in managing a warehouse is an asset
Still interested? ...What happens next?
Kindly send us your resume. We really appreciate your effort in applying for this position. However, only those candidates who have been shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.
And the serious stuff:
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted to be part of our recruitment process and require accommodation during it, please let us know.