What on earth is DECIEM?
Known as “The Abnormal Beauty Company”, DECIEM is the parent company of The Ordinary, NIOD, Avestan, and other beauty brands, and is an industry disruptor with an innovation-focused approach. It was Co-Founded in 2013 by the late Brandon Truaxe, a visionary who set out to change the beauty industry through authenticity and transparency. He developed the company with creativity and innovation alongside Co-Founder and CEO, Nicola Kilner.
We are growing very rapidly and need someone who shares this vision and wants to grow with us!
What we are looking for.
We are looking for a Senior Graphic Designer who is passionate about creativity and supporting the creative team.
This role will be based out of our Toronto Head Office.
What you would be doing.
- Responsible for the conceptualization and implementation of design concepts across all channels and mediums executing various graphic design at senior level
- Design materials across a wide range of media from print to digital that clearly and consistently communicate DECIEM’s brand and business value
- Establish the conceptual and creative direction in collaboration with design staff and creative vendors, which include graphic designers, illustrators, motion graphics, photographers, and videographers
- Provide insight and creative knowledge to all forms of content including web design, packaging, social media etc.)
- Produce creative and original concepts with a clear design logic while executing fast-turnaround design requests as required
- Ensure that all creative work is of highest quality and reflects brand standards
- Responsible for the consistency in application of the global brand through all marketing channels from design to service
- Work in partnership with the wider creative team to lead, manage and support ongoing projects and campaigns as required and assigned and manage, support and review day to day tasks for Intermediate and Junior Graphic Designers and provide feedback
- Collaborate with UX designers, website/mobile development team and photographers/content creators, cooperate with the Heads of Design and Creative Director on budgeting and manage cost allocation for projects
- Be a supportive mentor to the creative design team and contribute to ongoing team support and build structure, provide onboarding support for new hires
What skills and qualifications do you need?
- Bachelor’s degree Graphic Design or related field is required
- 6 + years work experience in graphic design, multimedia, or similar work experience is required, 3+ years of leadership and/or managerial experience is required
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite: Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and additional programs and ability to interpret needs and data, invent and develop creative design solutions
- Capability to produce high quality presentations, mock-ups, creative concepts and evaluate the reusability of existing photography for new layouts and strong organization and time management skills, detail oriented and ability to focus and work efficiently in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- High level handling different creative and production projects at the same time and a passion for design and ability to conceptualize out-of-the box ideas. Excellent interpersonal, communication skills both written and oral and ability to work with all levels of staff and management
Still interested? ...What happens next?
Kindly send us your resume. We really appreciate your effort in applying for this position. However, only those candidates will be contacted who have been shortlisted for interviews.
And the serious stuff:
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted to be part of our recruitment process and require accommodation during it, please let us know.