What on earth is DECIEM?
Known as “The Abnormal Beauty Company”, DECIEM is the parent company of The Ordinary, NIOD, Avestan, and other beauty brands, and is an industry disruptor with an innovation-focused approach. It was Co-Founded in 2013 by the late Brandon Truaxe, a visionary who set out to change the beauty industry through authenticity and transparency. He developed the company with creativity and innovation alongside Co-Founder and CEO, Nicola Kilner.
We are growing very rapidly and need someone who shares this vision and wants to grow with us!
What we are looking for.
We need a diplomatic HR Manager with strong Employee Relations experience and who has worked for a Distribution Center.
This role will be based out of our Nottingham Warehouse facility.
What you would be doing.
- Collaborate with Human Resources team on the initiatives of creating local policies/procedures and working with legal to create compliant employment agreements and various initiatives as assigned
- Ensuring DECIEM's policies are implemented in accordance with the company's vision, mission, and strategies as well as local labour law
- Manage employee disciplinary actions and terminations as well as partner with Senior Manager, HR (SCM), and legal counsel when needed to assess and mitigate potential risk and exposure.
- Creates positive employee relations, culture building, and high engagement in collaboration with Warehouse leaders
- Partner with people managers on the performance management process (Human Journeys) including education in goal setting, setting expectations, talent planning, and measuring and maintaining accountability
- Deliver training needs as identified (such as Employment Legislation updates, Performance Management, and various workshops as applicable)
- Working closely with the Global Payroll team to support and give local guidance on all matters of maternity, sickness, paternity, and other queries
- Preserve the cultural and structural integrity of the SCM and Warehouse group, ensure alignment globally with company values and attribute
- Proactively keep up to date with industry trends and HR employment laws, ensuring policies and procedures are updated accordingly
- Guide managers on hiring best practices and support managers with employment changes such as promotions or role changes
What skills and qualifications do you need?
- 5+ years experience in HR Management in a Supply Chain/Warehouse capacity
- Relevant education in Human Resources and Industrial Relations required OR equivalent work experience in managing HR-SCM and/or Warehouse functions is considered an asset
- Proven ability to handle complex employee relation challenges and interpersonal conflicts
- Self-motivated and able to work under own autonomy or as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent follow-up skills and ability to build solid collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Still interested?... What happens next?
Kindly send us your resume. We really appreciate your effort in applying for this position. However, only those candidates will be contacted who have been shortlisted for interviews.
And the serious stuff:
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining