What on earth is DECIEM?
Known as “The Abnormal Beauty Company”, DECIEM is the parent company of The Ordinary, NIOD, Avestan, and other beauty brands, and is an industry disruptor with an innovation-focused approach. It was Co-Founded in 2013 by the late Brandon Truaxe, a visionary who set out to change the beauty industry through authenticity and transparency. He developed the company with creativity and innovation alongside Co-Founder and CEO, Nicola Kilner. We are growing very rapidly and need someone who shares this vision and wants to grow with us!
What we are looking for.
We are looking for an experienced hands-on Accounts Payable Supervisor who is detail-oriented, organized, and collaborative. This is an excellent opportunity for those who are looking for growth and career development. You will supervise a team of six. You will ensure that all invoices are accurately recorded and ensure that the end-to-end process is 100% completed. We would like you to have experience with ERP software such as MS Dynamics 365, or Concur or SKG Workflow. Must be proficient in Excel and have basic accounting knowledge.
This role will be based out of our Toronto Head Office
What you would be doing.
- Directs a team to provide timely and accurate processing, disbursement of vendor payments, discrepancy resolution, and/or vendor account reconciliations
- Ensures the integrity of the accounts payable accounting system sub-ledger
- Manage a team including staff hiring, training, performance management, coaching, and development
- Establishes internal controls and procedures to protect the assets of the company and determines new controls or procedures that address the growth of the company
- Works closely with the various finance groups, reporting, treasury, general accounting, and other stakeholders to ensure that specific Accounts Payables activities are appropriately accounted for within the financials
- Responsible for the creation and reporting of monthly metrics/analytics intended to measure output and capacity of the team
- Own Company-wide Travel & Entertainment expense reporting system (Concur) including the integrity of the system, onboarding, and training of new users
- May be responsible for: invoice discrepancy resolution, vendor reconciliation, driving working capital vendor payment terms initiatives, vendor master file set-up, and maintenance, and vendor payments
What skills and qualifications do you need?
- Strong systems, network management, and data reporting, and analytics experience is required
- Experience with SAP Concur expense reporting tool and various ERP packages
- A firm understanding of accounting and financial concepts surrounding accounts payable and internal controls with the ability to apply them to business situations
- Demonstrated success with creating and implementing accounts payable best practices and internal controls.
- Effective managerial skills to facilitate, implement, and manage change and process enhancement
Still interested? ...What happens next?
Kindly send us your resume. We really appreciate your effort in applying for this position. However, only those candidates will be contacted who have been shortlisted for interviews.
And the serious stuff:
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial, and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted to be part of our recruitment process and require accommodation during it, please let us know.