What on earth is DECIEM?
Known as “The Abnormal Beauty Company”, DECIEM is the parent company of The Ordinary, NIOD, Avestan, and other beauty brands, and is an industry disruptor with an innovation-focused approach. It was Co-Founded in 2013 by the late Brandon Truaxe, a visionary who set out to change the beauty industry through authenticity and transparency. He developed the company with creativity and innovation alongside Co-Founder and CEO, Nicola Kilner.
We are growing very rapidly and need someone who shares this vision and wants to grow with us!
What we are looking for.
We are looking for a Intermediate Graphic Designer who is passionate about creativity and supporting the creative team.
This role will be based out of our Toronto Head Office.
What you would be doing.
- Responsible for the conceptualization and implementation of design concepts for product launch campaign and
product development, across all channels and mediums executing various graphic design at intermediate level with a clear design logic while executing fast-turnaround design requests as required. This will be applied mainly in researching and product sketching. As well in the brainstorming sessions for product launch campaign
- Contribute to the conceptual and creative direction (for Product Launch campaigns) in collaboration with
design staff and creative vendors, which include graphic designers, illustrators, motion graphics,
photographers, and videographers
- Manage project time, expenditure and billing for project and teams involved. Ensure all creative work is of highest quality and reflects brand standards and play a key role in accomplishing creative design solutions for the product design and its launch
- Consult with Senior Designers on any design, technical, production, scope, or customer issues, work in partnership with the NPL creative team to support ongoing projects or campaigns as required and assigned
- Maintain content consistency across materials and creation of website design assets
- Provide support to the development of graphics and content for social media and support team where needed before the product campaign launches
- Collaborate with UX designers, website/mobile development team and photographers and content creators
and internal departments
- Manage and provide support for day to day duties and tasks for Junior Graphic Designers and ongoing
projects and provide feedback
- Be a supportive member to the creative team and contribute to ongoing team growth
What skills and qualifications do you need?
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field required
- 3 - 5 years of Graphic Design, multimedia or similar work experience required
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite: Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and additional programs
- Strong organization and time management skills, detail oriented and ability to focus and work efficiently in a
demanding, fast-paced environment
- Solid capability in project management, leadership, coaching, and teamwork, a Passion for creativity, visual design, and ability to conceptualize out-of-the box ideas. Excellent interpersonal, communication skills both written and oral and ability to work with all levels of staff and management
Still interested? ...What happens next?
Kindly send us your resume. We really appreciate your effort in applying for this position. However, only those candidates will be contacted who have been shortlisted for interviews.
And the serious stuff:
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted to be part of our recruitment process and require accommodation during it, please let us know.