What on earth is DECIEM?
Known as “The Abnormal Beauty Company”, DECIEM is the parent company of The Ordinary, NIOD, Avestan, and other beauty brands, and is an industry disruptor with an innovation-focused approach. It was Co-Founded in 2013 by the late Brandon Truaxe, a visionary who set out to change the beauty industry through authenticity and transparency. He developed the company with creativity and innovation alongside Co-Founder and CEO, Nicola Kilner.
We are growing very rapidly and need someone who shares this vision and wants to grow with us!
What are we looking for?
In this role, you will own the New Product Management process from conception to launch, overseeing the development and management of the product’s roadmap based on the adopted strategies and vision.
This position is a hybrid role, based out of our Toronto Head Office.
What would you be doing?
- Connecting the company’s mission and key goals to a product strategy, and developing key tactics and KPIs to advance on that strategy and lead new product brand strategies, category alignments, providing strategic guidance on sales growth opportunities
- Connecting the company’s mission and key goals to a product strategy, and developing key tactics and KPIs to advance on that strategy
- Leads new product brand strategies, category alignments and provides strategic guidance on sales growth opportunities
- Communicate the vision for new products to key stakeholders across the business
- Input into and orchestrate the long-term NPD strategy, ensuring that development plans align with the needs of the DECIEM consumer
- Leverage key global consumer insights/trends and analytics to deliver products that align with our consumer’s needs in each local market
- Work collaboratively with the scientific, production, creative, and supply chain teams to develop and maintain efficient product processes
- Collaborate with the Sustainability team to integrate sustainability goals, innovation and measurements into the product development and production process
- Partner with the Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to ensure our new product innovations/assortments are meeting the diverse needs of our consumer
- Ensure seamless communication processes that provide product updates (ingredient changes, reformulations, supply chain issues, out of stocks) to affected areas of the business
What skills and qualifications do you need?
- 7+ years of product marketing and development experience is essential
- Beauty industry experience is preferred. Previous cross-functional experience within a similar industry is essential. Beauty industry experience is preferred
- Experience working with Senior Leaders to deliver information and secure support/sign-off
- The role requires influencing and collaborating on PD strategy with multiple cross functional stakeholders
- Experience in integrating sustainable materials and practices throughout the product development and production process
Still interested? ...What happens next?
Kindly send us your resume. We really appreciate your effort in applying for this position. However, only those candidates who have been shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.
And the serious stuff:
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted to be part of our recruitment process and require accommodation during it, please let us know.