What we are looking for?
We are looking for a Facilities Associate Manager to join our amazing Supply Chain team at our Eastside Facility. This person must be solutions-focused and have great stress management. Our ideal candidate is cost-aware, capable of strategic planning, and can assist in creating new standards and procedures. Within the FM’s purview is the operation and maintenance of the building, grounds, HVAC systems, boiler, purified water unit, wastewater treatment, compressed air, building power grid, chiller, and IT security systems. The SMU will ensure MOE compliance for any systems that fall within the Facilities department’s domain.
What you would be doing?
- Directly supervise and co-ordinate Facility Equipment, maintenance work (CM & PM) and qualified vendors
- Ensure that all the work performed on the site’s Infrastructure, Equipment, Systems and Building Services are at a level that meets safety, regulatory compliance and/or applicable government guidelines and codes.
- Managing and troubleshooting of facilities related equipment/assets such as Mechanical, Electrical, Refrigeration, Boiler and Steam, Air Compressor and Dryer, HVAC, Chillers, Purified Water System (PWS), Daily Water Testing for Boiler and PWS, Cooling Towers, Fans, Wastewater Treatment, Natural Gas Generators, UPS System, Fire System, IT Servers, BMS (Building Management System), etc.
- Ensure that the vendors and contractors are complying with Deciem ‘Avetta’, JHA (Job Hazard Analysis) requirements and HSE policies. Supervise the facility contractors to ensure the timely completion of assignments across the site and that the work completed, complies with the “Best Maintenance Practices”, HSE, Quality policies and procedures
- Assist project and engineering teams with project planning and execution. Participate in the development /implementation of key documents (Project Plans, SOPs, Standards) by providing technical recommendations
- Change/replace dry wall, painting, light bulbs, tubes, door locks, arranging lunchrooms, town hall meetings, installing sink and faucets, TV, and repair toilets
- Maintain high housekeeping standards in area(s) of responsibility; keep the mechanical and electrical equipment room clean (adopt 5S)
- Responsible for the Pest control program and ‘Compliance Binder’ requirements
- Plan and schedule resources (Man/Machine/Spares/SOP, etc.) and perform the assigned CMMS (Computer Maintenance Management System) maintenance for all equipment pertaining to Facilities
- Develop operating instructions and SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) for equipment and systems
- Perform monthly ‘Workplace’ inspection report and submit the report with action plan via CMMS-non-schedule workorders and accurately complete paperwork and transactions for documentation requirements (as per GMP and QA requirements)
What skills and qualifications do you need?
- In depth knowledge of OSHA regulations, ESA requirements, industrial safety and EH&S’s guidelines, familiar with Health Canada/FDA requirements with respect to building utilities
- In depth knowledge of CMMS system and facilities experience in a GMP environment within the personal care, food, or pharmaceutical sector. Specialized training or certifications in building systems such as HVAC, boilers, building automation systems, or energy management is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in work environment requiring the monitoring of boilers, HVAC units, ventilation, air quality in an industrial setting, lighting, electrical power distribution, and automatic control systems preferred
- Formal apprenticeship program or related technical courses with Building and Equipment Maintenance experience is an asset - (Pharmaceutical & Bio-Pharma background)
- Relevant education in Engineering OR equivalent work experience in a production is an asset
Still interested? ...What happens next?
Kindly send us your resume. We really appreciate your effort in applying for this position. However, only those candidates will be contacted who have been shortlisted for interviews.
And the serious stuff:
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted to be part of our recruitment process and require accommodation during it, please let us know.