What on earth is DECIEM?
Known as “The Abnormal Beauty Company”, DECIEM is the parent company of The Ordinary, NIOD, Avestan, and other beauty brands, and is an industry disruptor with an innovation-focused approach. It was Co-Founded in 2013 by the late Brandon Truaxe, a visionary who set out to change the beauty industry through authenticity and transparency. He developed the company with creativity and innovation alongside Co-Founder and CEO, Nicola Kilner.
We are growing very rapidly and need someone who shares this vision and wants to grow with us!
What we are looking for?
We are looking for an Environment, Health, and Safety Associate Manager to join our team and contribute to the success of the company.
This role will be working from our Etobicoke Production facility and providing support for global activities.
What you would be doing?
- Reporting to the Director of Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) this person will support all global facilities
- Ensures functioning Joint Health and Safety Committee(s) or Health and Safety Representatives for all facilities, as required
- Conducts risk assessments and inspections proactively in line with regulatory requirements and develops control programs
- Manages local EHS Management systems including records and documents to facilitate internal and external audits
- EHSQ Electronic Management system lead (EHS modules)
- Chemical Safety Program manager, liaison with Regulatory team to ensure up-to-date SDS available to all
- Liaises with other key stakeholders to ensure health, safety and environment are a consideration in all projects and changes
- Conducts and/or arranges training as required to support control programs
- Develops safety promotional campaigns in line with Brand
- Supports global EHS continuous improvement projects
What skills and qualifications do you need?
- Knowledge of current health and safety practices, trends, and requirements impacting safety
- Strong analytical, coordination, and project management skills with the ability to prioritize changing and conflicting demands, meet deadlines and stay productive under pressure
- Effective ability to interact with others and deal with situations in ways that respect diverse backgrounds, experiences, and styles
- Flexibility in adapting to change and in participating in consultative decision-making processes
- Relevant education in OR equivalent work experience in health & safety is an asset
Still interested? ...What happens next?
Kindly send us your resume. We really appreciate your effort in applying for this position. However, only those candidates will be contacted who have been shortlisted for interviews.
And the serious stuff:
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted to be part of our recruitment process and require accommodation during it, please let us know.