What on earth is DECIEM?
Known as “The Abnormal Beauty Company”, DECIEM is the parent company of The Ordinary, NIOD, Avestan, and other beauty brands, and is an industry disruptor with an innovation-focused approach. It was Co-Founded in 2013 by the late Brandon Truaxe, a visionary who set out to change the beauty industry through authenticity and transparency. He developed the company with creativity and innovation alongside Co-Founder and CEO, Nicola Kilner.
We are growing very rapidly and need someone who shares this vision and wants to grow with us!
What we are looking for.
We are looking for an experienced Assistant Store Manager to lead our Vancouver Metrotown Store Team to deliver memorable experiences to our customers.
What you would be doing.
- In partnership with the Store Manager, the Store Assistant Manager will support in the oversight of daily in-store operations and provide assistance on the sales floor ensuring the store is profitable.
- Assist in the recruitment, management, mentor and development, and staff to maximize sales, profitability and exceed agreed key performance indicators.
- Complete operational store requirements by scheduling and assigning ‘zones’ to employees, while ensuring to have a fully staffed store at all times.
- Manage ongoing store operations and inform the Store Manager of any pertinent issues (petty cash, daily banking, POS System, payment processor, etc.).
- Ensure the day-to-day operations of the store are compliant with the company requirements.
- Coach, counsel, and provide constructive feedback to all store staff.
- Control stock and manage the weekly order of store supplies.
- Greet all customers who enter the store with enthusiasm and professionalism reflecting DECIEM’s vision through excellent. service. Educate customers about the world of Beauty and Skin Care, DECIEM brands, and products.
- Stay up to date with product knowledge, company information, launches, and campaigns.
- Ensure standards for quality, customer service, and health and safety are met.
What skills and qualifications do you need?
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular).
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task are a must.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, managing conflicting priorities and tight deadlines.
- Experienced in a leadership, coaching, scheduling role is preferred.
Still interested? ...What happens next?
Kindly send us your resume. We really appreciate your effort in applying for this position. However, only those candidates will be contacted who have been shortlisted for interviews.
And the serious stuff:
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial, and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted to be part of our recruitment process and require accommodation during it, please let us know.