What on earth is DECIEM?
Known as “The Abnormal Beauty Company”, DECIEM is the parent company of The Ordinary, NIOD, Avestan, and other beauty brands, and is an industry disruptor with an innovation-focused approach. It was Co-Founded in 2013 by the late Brandon Truaxe, a visionary who set out to change the beauty industry through authenticity and transparency. He developed the company with creativity and innovation alongside Co-Founder and CEO, Nicola Kilner.
We are growing very rapidly and need someone who shares this vision and wants to grow with us!
What we are looking for.
We are looking for a Communications Associate Manager who can take ownership and maintain relationships.
This role will be based out of our New York, NY Office.
What you would be doing.
- Responsible for the ownership of DECIEM’s overarching influencer database, consistently vetting new contacts +
fostering key relationships with influencers across business, fashion, beauty, wellness, + lifestyle with relationship
support from the Communications Associate
- Strategize + conceptualize inspiring product seedings for influencers, brand partners + retailer affiliates
- Manage and oversee new product launch mailings for press + influencers, including the curation of press
materials for the announcement of brand campaigns + initiatives
- Work closely with the Senior Communications Manager to develop, support, + maintain integrated tools +
processes with social media, PR, + brand teams. Create strong social + press dialog to elevate the brand on DECIEM's behalf
- Identify enhancements + capabilities to drive improvements for new + ongoing projects, onboarding new tech +
tools where relevant
- Develop creative ideation on how to communicate DECIEM's brand + values in new, authentic ways, integrating
influencers, brand builders + press for 360 storytelling
- Research + stay up to date with industry trends + news, specifically in ways other brands are collaborating +
creating unique experiences via offline + online communications
- Manage + execute (with the support of the Communications Associate) digital communications roadmap to
facilitate educational social conversation + talkability
- Facilitate online + offline events for both DECIEM + the retail partners, work closely with the Communications Associate to proactively seek out opportunities
- Support the Senior Communications Manager, creating agendas, post-meeting R&R’s, + attending internal +
external meetings where necessary and oversee + input to the communications reports weekly, quarterly, + on a case-by-case basis
What skills and qualifications do you need?
- Strong understanding of the beauty industry and consumer sentiment with extensive branding knowledge as
related to other industries such as fashion, lifestyle etc.
- Experience supporting compelling communications campaigns
- Solid organizational and time management skills, detail orientated and ability to focus and work efficiently in a
demanding, fast-paced team environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills both written and oral and ability to work with all levels of staff and
- Relevant education OR equivalent work experience in Communications, Social Media, PR or a similar is an asset
Still interested? ...What happens next?
Kindly send us your resume. We really appreciate your effort in applying for this position. However, only those candidates will be contacted who have been shortlisted for interviews.
And the serious stuff:
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted to be part of our recruitment process and require accommodation during it, please let us know.